It’s hard to believe that October is almost a wrap and we’re days away from November. While I have enjoyed being in front of the camera to share my daily musings on this journey of self-employed motherhood (check out my 2014 #Vlogtober Playlist), it’s a nice reprieve to pause and put my thoughts down on paper.
When I started my self-employment journey in September, I had grandiose visions of all that I would accomplish. How I would structure my day in order to get the most done now that each minute and hour was mine to fill. Fast forward almost two months later and I have moved into a daily experience of bliss that equates to flow, ease, and simplicity. That’s not to say there are days in which certain things need to be done (e.g. submitting my unemployment insurance claim or figuring out our budget for the coming week), yet I have managed to find an equilibrium, a calm, a serenity that works for me.
Now don’t get me wrong, I’m quite aware how this will likely all change the moment Baby Z arrives and that’s okay. In fact, I welcome the transition. As I mentioned in Day #15/16/17 Part 1 and Part 2, I’m in a state of Radical Transition, a neutral zone of sorts, that is shifting daily as Baby Z gets bigger and my wife & I get closer to Z’s impending Birth Day. That said, I thought I’d share…
5 Things I Know 4 Sure Right Now:
- There’s power in recording your daily thoughts weather you share them publicly or not. Take the time to write them down or a record a short video that you can return to later. By doing so, you’re capturing a moment in time—how you feel, what you’re doing and thinking about.
- Gratitude begets gratitude. When you can focus on what’s working, then it becomes more clear what you should do to continue that feeling. Click 2 Tweet: “Gratitude begets gratitude” @Jillian4Justice
- Procrastination works as a form of motivation (at least for me). I find inspiration in a deadline. And sometimes things are meant to come to life under pressure. Just like diamonds.
- Feeling accomplished daily is a core desired feeling. Although I’m not sure how this gels with my definition of or desire for bliss, this is my new conundrum to uncover.
- There’s still confusion about what services I offer and what I do.
In response to the last bullet point, this has undoubtedly been the journey of the last year—to get clear on my vision for Jillybeads 4 Justice and how I can best use my passion, knowledge, and skills to best serve, change, or…better yet, LOVE the world. As such, this is what I’ve settled on as I prepare to sign-off for a three and half month maternity leave, which will begin on Wednesday, November 12th when you receive my last planned newsletter/blog post of 2014.
Using the current mission of Jillybeads 4 Justice of “Advocate & Educate, all while Accessorizing!” I will be:
Advocating Authenticity & Educating Social Justice,
all while Creating Handcrafted Jewelry to Accessorize Your Life.
In other words, I now see myself as a…
Mindset Coach + Social Justice Educator + Artist.
The movement I am creating is a LOVELUTION.
Join the Lovelution + Team Justice here.
I will let this marinate…
AND please share your thoughts and questions in the comments below.
Stay tuned for the next installment of Justice Happenings (aka blog post on Thurs, 11/13) where I will share more of what I’m planning to offer in the New Year. In the meantime, don’t forget to download the Team Justice Primer here or checkout My Channel on YouTube.
With love + gratitude,
Join the Lovelution!
Lovelution: A Journey to Self ♥ is a memoir being written week-by-week as I take bite-sized + deliberate action each Tuesday toward my writing dreams as I reflect on my journey of using love + intention to create the life I dream and deserve.
Signup to receive new chapters + updates as they are published.