As I expand my work to include The Desire Map as a process for ♥ Inspiring a Lovelution of Intentional Justice Each Day ♥ I wanted to pause and share the tools that make it possible for the DIYers and soul searchers to dive-deep into self-discovery.
Here are my Top 5 Tools for Desire Mapping and the why behind it:
1. The Desire Map Book:: From the creator herself, Danielle LaPorte:
The Desire Map is a holistic approach to life planning that uses your core desired feelings as the guidance system for your goal setting.
You can grab the beautiful bound copy here. Or prefer to go digital, grab it here.
Now here’s the Mama J. approach to Desire Mapping: an experience of theory meets action that calls participants to explore identity (imagine yourself as a beautiful mosaic) within the context of 5 Life Areas (Livelihood + Lifestyle, Relationship + Society, Body + Wellness, Essence + Spirituality, & Creativity + Learning) to gain the self-awareness of how you can use your cultural capital and emotional intelligence to achieve your dreams. As a result, living each day with intentional justice.
The BONUS audios are a favorite as well. Poetry come to life as spoken word with a twist of compassionate rebellion. With purchase of The Desire Map softcover book or eBook, you will receive an audio bundle of 10 Radio D tracks from the “Light Scanning” contemplation to the “Declaration of Deserving” poem. Your download will be available after checkout. Audio formats you’ll receive: MP3, WAV, AAC
2. The Desire Map Planner:: This tool is your daily or weekly reminder to feel the way you want to feel with intention each day. Where the rubber meets the road for your soulful ambitions. This planning system blends your soul + your to-do list; your gratitude + your goals; your deepest desires with your day-to-day + weekly vision.
3. #Truthbomb Deck:: Edgy, cosmic, and poetic #Truthbombs will make you pause, motivate you to take action, and inspire you to THINK about life. Some days, it’ll resonate; some days, you’ll wonder; sometimes, just one sentence can break open your heart, soothe your soul, or hit you like a #Truthbomb. These cards are LUSCIOUS. Each is 4×4, printed on heavy, creamy stock, with gold foil icon embossing. There are 134 cards in each box. (Because 34 is Danielle LaPorte’s favourite number. Seriously.) This deck has got, SUBSTANCE, baby.
Here’s a recent #Truthbomb I picked:
Let it inspire YOUR intentional justice each day ♥
On the go, check out the app version!
4. The Desire Map CDF Library:: A visual playground of feelings. Words set to a gorgeous heart-filled graphics to ground you into your core. Set as your computer wallpaper. Pin to your Pinterest Desire Map board (below is my #MamaMindset version). Print and post on your wall. Share on social media. Plus, there’s definitions.
Follow Mama J. Love’s board #MamaMindset on Pinterest.
5. Conversation Starters: A Desire Map App:: Ready to dive into meaningful conversations with your bestie, loved ones, or at a dinner party (okay, more realistically a kiddo’s birthday party or park meetup)?! If so, here are 149 profound questions designed to encourage meaningful conversations. Learn more here featuring your’s truly! 😉
Every time you truly connect with someone in conversation, your consciousness expands — your potential, your insight, your energy to attract what you want and to get things done.
Open the app. Speak your truth. Listen more closely than you ever have. The app also comes with 13 of my inspiration audios. Mini radio D!
Plus, the sixth woman (yep, a bball reference;) ). The Desire Map Graphic Maker:: Once you get clear on how you want to feel, you’re going to want to write them down everywhere. Post-Its. Your arm (there’s tattoos, yep, the removeable kind, here). I promise. Think about the power your claiming when you, “Give your declarations, goals, and soul reminders some Desire flare.”
My Current CDFs (Core Desired Feelings)
Use this design template to make your own inspirational visual for your computer screen, Pinterest, or printed and posted on your bulletin board or in your journal. The art of desire — with digital style.
A Few Extras Must-Haves:
- Dictionary / Thesaurus
- Mind Mapping Tools (on-the-go :: iThoughts)
Mama J. Love ♥
Full disclosure: Most of the links provided are affiliate links.
Want to gift this app to a friend?
- To gift an app using the App Store on a desktop computer, click the triangle next to Buy App and send the app as a gift via email.
- To gift an app using the App Store on iOS, tap the Share button on the app’s page and tap Gift.