35 Years Around the Sun
On Friday, June 9th, the day la Luna was at her fullest, I completed my 35th orbit around the sun. However, I felt the shift begin the Monday preceding my 35th rotation. As I reflect on my last year of life, this particular birthday feels significant. Not only am I now 35, but I am also celebrating 5 years of stepping out on a path of entrepreneurship.
When I turned 30 I launched my first biz—Jillybeads 4 Justice—to pursue my passion for jewelry-making and justice. It was the result of wanting to take a leap in owning the reality that I too, like the organizations I had been employed by, needed to diversify my income streams. To say it has been a journey would be an understatement, more like a rollercoaster with all it’s twist and turns and moments of hanging by a thread.
With this perspective, I can more clearly see now that my professional path has been one of continued learning and self-discovery to embrace the intersections of my multi-passion spirit and zones of genius as a love leader, equity + inclusion consultant, and data goddess focused on a mission, vision, and Mama Mindset Mantra for each of us to Love Yourself like a Mother! with Intentional Justice™ ♥
As such, I feel clarity. I feel expansive. I feel generous. The result…
35 Lessons @ 35
On a quest to write my first book, I have been dreaming off the various ways to tell my story knowing that there’s teachable lessons in everything we experience. Let’s begin in no particular order or connection to the number:
- Start Where You Are
- Love Makes a Family
- Freedom is a Moving Target
- The Water Calls Me
- Create What YOU Believe In
- There’s Always Something to Learn
- Change Begins with Your Belief
- It’s a Journey, Not a Race
- Coming Out — Not Just a One Time Event
- Identity is Nurtured
- You are the Mama (Guardian) of Your Soul
- Find Your Soul Medicine
- Sometimes Sleep is the Best Reset
- Learn Your Cycle Synchronicity
- Ride the Wave: Trust & Surrender
- Busy & Balance is Bullshit
- The Dysfunction of Your Family Does Not Define You
- No One Can Heal You, You Can Only Heal Yourself
- The “Woo” Lights the Path to My Intuition
- Persistence is My Superpower
- Presence is the Best Present
- The Path is a Series of Detours
- Only You Know Your Truth
- If You Don’t Have Cash to Pay for It, Then You Really Don’t Need It
- When You Feel Out of Control, Simply Step Away
- As a Woman, Knowing When You Ovulate is the Secret to Life Itself
- Affirmation is My Love Language
- Let Love Transform You
- Pleasure Increases with Intimacy
- Be You!
- Asking, “How I want to feel?” Changed EVERYTHING
- Be Your Own Oxygen Mask
- Those Who Know You, Know When You Need Them
- Replicating the Behavior You Dislike Gets You Nowhere
- Everything is Intersectional
In creating this list of lessons, I realized how much I could write on each one with stories that connect to my past and illuminate action for continued progress. As such, I have decided to expand on each lesson over the next 35 weeks. Providing just the outline I need for…
My Commitment to My Writing Dreams
I can already feel the fierceness rising up as I embark on the next year of life, so I am starting a new weekly practice that involves two of my favorite things writing and action. Because I have personally committed to spending the summer to write my book proposal, which includes 1-2 sample chapters, it’s time that I recommit to more writing time. As such, I will be posting a new blog every Tuesday, which will likely take on many formats: photo collages, video, audio, and downloadable worksheets.
Today, Tuesday, June 13th, marks Week #1 with a new post each week resulting in 52 essays by end of my 35th year of life on Tuesday, June. As I mentioned above, the first 35 posts will expand on each lesson learned with a story or reflection on the past to illuminate desired action for continued progress.
What do YOU think? What would YOU like to know? Tell me below in the comments
? mama j
Grab Mama J's Intentional Justice™ Identity Activities & Guide
When YOU say, "YES!"
You'll get access to Mama J's...
Intentional Justice™ Identity Activities & Guide
With two activities to explore the dimensions of your identity along with a 4-page reference guide to frame the work and provide definitions to key social justice terms and concepts.
This bite-sized + deliberate action will unearth your cultural superpowers, creating a Intentional Justice™ in your life sentdirectly to your inbox for download.
Plus, you'll join a group of like-minded Justice Seekers & Warriors: leaders, educators, parents, and open-heated citizens of the world ready to take bite-sized and deliberate action today, tomorrow, and every day.
This is #IntentionalJustice ✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
♥ Mama J